CHRYSO®Fluid L is classified as a high range water reducing/superplasticising admixture according to SANS 50934-2:2011 (EN 934-2:2009). The admixture thus induces the following major effects on a concrete mix:
- Without affecting the consistence, permits a high reduction in the water content of a given concrete mix or
- Without affecting the water content increases the slump/flow considerably or
- Produces both effects simultaneously.
- Can be used to manufacture a wide range of concrete
- CHRYSO®Fluid L is compatible with most types of cement (except aluminous cement)
- CHRYSO®Fluid L is compatible with most types of SCMs like slag, fly ash and silica fume
- Cement content optimised for desired mechanical strengths
- The early mechanical strength of concrete is increased as a direct result of the lower water/ cement ratio
- No segregation
- Quick hardening - certain synthetic chemical components within CHRYSO®Fluid L may cause a slight set acceleration, particularly at low temperatures.
- The accelerating agents contained in CHRYSO®Fluid L, combined with significant water reduction results in high mechanical strengths of all ages.
Domains of application
- Pre-stressed concrete
- Readymix concrete
- Precast concrete