CHRYSO® Plast 3X is classified as a water reducing plasticizer. CHRYSO® Plast 3X is a chloride free liquid chemical admixture that induces the following major effects on a concrete mix:
- Without affecting the consistence, permits a reduction in the water content or
- Without affecting the water content, increases the slump/flow or
- Produces both of the above effects simultaneously.
- Increased workability at constant c/w ratio
- Equal workability at reduced water content
- Increases durability and resistance to chemical attacks
- Improved flowability
- Reduced bleeding rate to a concrete mix
- Reduced costs per cubic metre of concrete
- Reduces permeability of concrete
- Greatly reduces surface cracking due to drying shrinkage
- Improved appearance on moulded concrete surfaces
- Facilitates easier filling, compaction and demoulding in block, brick and paving machines.
Domains of application
- CHRYSO® Plast 3X has been specially designed for use in the manufacture of light precast concrete with immediate mould release (concrete blocks, bricks, curbs, pipes, paving stones, etc.)
- CHRYSO® Plast 3X can be used with all Portland cement and/or blast furnace slag cement with or without pozzolanic additives (except aluminous cement)
- Additionally, CHRYSO® Plast 3X is recommended as a plasticizer for concretes made with harsh or poor graded aggregates, especially those having a low fines content
- CHRYSO® Plast 3X can be used in conjunction with other CHRYSO additives.