CHRYSO®Tard CE is classified as a set retarding water reducing/plasticising admixture according to SANS 50934-2:2011 (EN 934-2:2009). The admixture thus induces the following major effects on a concrete mix:
- Produces the combined effects of a high range reducing/plasticising admixture (primary function) and
- A set retarding admixture (secondary function).
- Water reduction significantly improves compressive strengths at all ages.
- CHRYSO®Tard CE allows strength grades to be met at reduced cement content or increased workability.
- Water reduction enhances durability through production of low permeability concrete.
- Controlled retardation extends the working life and the stiffening time for ease of construction, minimising delay problems.
- Control of stiffening improves slip forming and assists in preventing the formation of cold joints in large pours.
- Chloride free, safe for use in pre-stressed and reinforced concrete.
Domains of application
- Suitable with all types of Portland cement.
- Semi-dry concrete screeds.
- Mixes containing fly ash, slag and silica fume.
- Reinforced or pre-stressed concrete.
- Transport of concrete over long distances.