A leader in the construction chemicals industry - CHRYSO Southern Africa formulates, manufactures, sells and distributes admixtures and additives that service the cement, readymix, precast, new construction, mining and gypsum industries.
Welcome to CHRYSO Southern Africa
CHRYSO Southern Africa key figures
- Expertise: chemical solutions for the construction materials industry
- Positioning: market leader in South Africa
- Export: a dedicated export team that has the capabilities to service 80% of the African continent. We also have distributors, licensees, and agents that operate in Zambia, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Ghana and Swaziland
- A subsidiary of the CHRYSO Group: one of 24 subsidiaries in the CHRYSO Group (corporate head office in France); with LBO France as its major shareholder. CHRYSO sells to 80 countries, and holds leading market positions in the USA, Europe and the Middle-East, Africa and Asia.
- Markets and typology of our customers:
- CONCRETE: readymix plants, precast manufacturers, mining companies (underground construction), construction sites,
- CEMENT: cement manufacturers, cement blenders
- GYPSUM: plaster board manufacturers
- CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS: a.b.e Construction Chemicals
An innovative company
20% of our staff work in R&D
35% of our turnover are generated thanks to products which are under 5 years old
3% of our turnover are invested every year in R&D
25 laboratories worldwide
Innovation is in our DNA
CHRYSO has long been investing in a strategy aimed at developing new solutions to keep our customers satisfied by continually improving the fulfillment of their economical and technical needs. Our company provides a wide range of products (over a third which are under 5 years old) that offer solutions to our customers' needs.
Our latest innovation for the construction industry
- FILL FREE® technology provides excellent water reduction properties that are necessary to obtain targeted concrete flowability, optimal viscosity, excellent setting times and superior early strengths.
- Optima 100 technology - very high range water reducing superplasticisers with extended workability retention and a low concrete viscosity. This technology is well suited to pumped concrete.
- Equalis technology - workability extenders that are robust (adapt to local raw materials and temperatures) and deliver the expected workability. This gives greater flexibility to contractors (construct complex concrete structures with greater ease).
- Quad technology - improves the cohesiveness of concrete without impacting flowability. It allows for a wider range of aggregates and unprecedented levels of robustness to bleeding and segregation.
At the very core of our clients’ needs
We partner with our customers to create tailor made solutions that match project requirements. The cornerstones of our service offer are Quality, Reactivity and Service Mindedness.
A responsible company
Our priority is to act as a responsible company. We openly report to our stakeholders. Our whole organization is employee and customers oriented: their satisfaction is very important to us, as well as respecting direct and indirect stakeholders.
Safety is a fundamental value of our Group culture. Sustainable development is fully integrated into our management and industrial processes. We invest in appropriate socio-economic development and enterprise development projects where initiatives are aligned to our business and the communities in which we belong.
We have got a triple certification: ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001. Our companys social responsibility integrates all these certifications which allow us to guarantee our professional practice.